Habilitation (Dr. rer. pol. habil.) with venia legendi in business administration at the University of Bremen, Germany
Dissertation thesis (Dr. rer. pol.) in business administration
Studies in industrial engineering and management at the University of Kaiserslautern, Germany; Degree: Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Ing., Diploma in Industrial Engineering and Management; Additional studies in in-company education and training at the University of Kaiserslautern and the Chamber of Commerce, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Professional Experience (Academic)
Professor for Business Administration, center for computer science and communication technologies (TZI), University of Bremen, Germany
Professor for sustainable management and innovation, Eberswalde University for Sustainable Development, Eberswalde, Germany
Professor for sustainable future management, Munich University of Applied Sciences (MUAS), Munich, Germany
Professor for sustainable management (temporary appointment) at the Faculty of Business Studies, Management and Economics, University of Kassel, Germany
Senior researcher at artec │ Research Center for Sustainability Studies, University of Bremen, Germany
Senior lecturer and researcher (habilitand) at the Institute of Project Management and Innovation (IPMI), University of Bremen, Germany
Lecturer and research fellow at the Institute for Business Information Systems and Operations Research, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
Research fellow and project manager Studium Generale, Interdisciplinary Program (MISP 6): Virtual worlds and teleworking, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
Senior lecturer at the Institute for Philosophy of Science and Technology, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
Professional Experience (Business)
Senior researcher and project manager at the Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI), Karlsruhe, Germany
Lecturer for acb arbeit creativität bildung GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Entrepreneur and consultant, Dr Eduard Zwierlein & Partner, Consulting for Sustainable Management (CSM), Lahnstein, Germany
Professional Experience (Teaching)
Tutor and senior lecturer in different higher education programs at bachelor and master levels, e.g.:
- University Marta Abreu of Las Villas (Kuba)
- National University of San Juan (Argentinien)
- Universidad de Quintana Roo (Mexiko)
- University of Ghana, Accra (Ghana)
- Universidade Pedagogica Mozambique, Maputo (Mosambik)
- Nelson Mandela Institute of Science and Technology, Arusha (Tansania)
- Europa Fachhochschule Fresenius, Cologne, Germany
- Distance and International Studies Center , University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Hanseatische Wirtschafts- und Verwaltungsakademie, Bremen, Germany
- Deutsche Schüler Akademie Bildung und Begabung e.V., Bonn, Germany
- Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes und des DAAD, Bonn, Germany
- Sustainable management and CSR: industrial ecology science and management, CSR and sustainability reporting
- Information management: corporate communication, document engineering
- Innovation management and technology management: communication of innovation, technology roadmapping and its various tools and applications
- „Seminal article”: Isenmann, Ralf (2003): Further efforts to clarify Industrial Ecology’s hidden philosophy of nature. Journal of Industrial Ecology (JIE) 6(3/4): 27-48 in Clowney, David; Mosto, Patricia (2009): Earthcare – an anthology in environmental ethics. Rowman & Littlefield: Lanham, Maryland, 379-390.
- “Best scientific paper”, Towards eEnvironment 2009 (European conference of the Czech Presidency of the Council of the EU: Towards eEnvironment. Opportunities of SEIS and SISE: Integrating Environmental Knowledge in Europe: Isenmann, Ralf; Marx Gómez (2009): Advanced corporate sustainability reporting – XBRL taxonomy for sustainability reports based on the G3-guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative, http:/www.e-envi2009.org/proceedings/ J. Hřebíček, J. Hradec, E. Pelikán, O. Mírovský, W. Pillmann, I.Holoubek, T. Bandholtz (eds.) Masaryk University, 32-48.
- “Selected paper”, EA-SDI 2007 (Environmental Accounting and Sustainable Development Indicators Conference, Prague 2007): Isenmann, Ralf; Marx Gómez, Jorge (2007): Moving beyond orthodox methods: How to benefit from online reporting for communicating sustainability issues. Developments in environmental accounting. Ministry of the Environment of the Czech Republic (Ed.). Prag: Ministry of the Environment of the Czech Republic, 19-46.
- “Selected paper”, ITEE 2007 (Information technologies in environmental engineering): Isenmann, Ralf (2007): Unifying architecture for industrial ecology communication and education. Information technologies in environmental engineering (ITEE 2007). Jorge Marx Gómez et al. (Eds.). Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer, 293-302.
- “Best paper award”, EnviroInfo 2001 (15th International Symposium Informatics for Environmental Protection): Sustainability in the information society. Zurich (Schweiz). Isenmann, Ralf (2001): Basic ethical framework. Guidance for environmental informatics towards a sustainable information society. Sustainability in the information society. Lorenz M. Hilty; Paul W. Gilgen (Eds.). Marburg: Metropolis, 127-134.